Tiverton Town 2 – 3 Swindon Supermarine

Swindon Supermarine became only the second side so far this season to leave Ladysmead with, and it has to be said deservedly so, all 3 points with goals from Brad Hoopers penalty in the first and Connor Waldon and Callum Parsons in the second half, whilst Levi Landricombe, back and fresh from his suspension, drew the sides level before half time and Jamie Short scored late on, a goal which turned out to be nothing more than scant consolation.

An eventful first 45 whistled by. Eventual Man of the Match Levi Landricombe was restored to the starting eleven after his enforced absence and after his Player of the Month award for December  before kick off, he was keen to show all what Tivvy had been missing early doors, an effort from distance comfortably saved and a volley after a long throw had fallen to him went narrowly wide in a bright starting period from the hosts. Marine though, to their credit, stood firm and began creating their own chances and on 37 were gifted the chance to take the lead. A flowing, passing move eventually found Josh Parsons, whos effort on goal was handled by Tom Gardner and Hooper despatched the resulting spot kick.

Tivvy replied instantly. Firstly Levi Landricombe rattled an effort in off the post, only to see his celebrations thwarted by a raised flag after Teigan Rosenquest, who had just replaced Tom Bath, had sent him through but the same two combined a minute later, only this time, Landricombes effort was allowed to stand, much to the displeasure of several visiting defenders, notably captain Zak Westlake, who was cautioned.

Despite recent reports to the contrary, the pitch was in fine condition and a mention must go to the groundstaff whose tireless work ensured the game would go ahead despite the best efforts of mother nature and it must be said the visitors played the better football in the second half and were subsequently rewarded for it. Connor Waldon restored their advantage after playing a neat one two with `Marines stand out man Connor Thompson and their third added 12 minutes from time after a defensive slip, Callum Parsons raced clear and smacked a fine effort in to the top corner.

Tom Gardner was inches away from scoring after Michael Landricombe had seen his header well saved as the Yellows laid siege to try and rescue something from the match and while Jamie Short smashed home from close range with 2 minutes to go and also a blatant push on Short in the area was un-punished, the visitors held on to claim all three points.

Tiverton: Perry, Price, Hurst, Mammola, Kingdon (Walton 81), Gardner, Short, M Landricombe Bath (Rosenquest 38), L Landricombe, Carter (S Rogers 57)

Sub not used: G Rogers.

Goals: L Landricombe 39, Short 88

MoM: Levi Landricombe. Attendance: 210

Report by Simon Ellis

Jan 15, 2017 | Posted by in First Team News | Comments Off on Tiverton Town 2 – 3 Swindon Supermarine